Melbourne is the coastal capital of the southeasten Australian state of Victoria. At the city's centre is the modern Federation Square development, with plazas, bars, and restaurants by the Yarra River. In the Southbank area, the Melbourne Arts Precinct is the site of Arts Centre Melbourne – a performing arts complex – and the National Gallery of Victoria, with Australian and indigenous art.
Enjoy the world’s most liveable city when you live, work and study in Melbourne. Experience it for yourself with My Story – an interactive tool for prospective international students to virtually experience life in Victoria.
Melbourne, Victoria’s vibrant capital is truly one of the world’s greatest cities.
With world-class education providers offering credentials recognised by international institutions and employers, it’s a great place to begin your career pathways and make great connections.
The city also has Australia’s best shopping, leisure and sporting events, and a renowned arts scene - multicultural Melbourne has so much to offer you.
In a snapshot, the city is:
· Ranked World's Friendliest City, 2014
· World's Most Liveable City, 2011 – 2014
· Australia's leading Student City 2014
· One of seven UNESCO Cities of Literature
· Australia's sporting capital
· Ranked in the top 20 of the Innovation Cities Top 100 Index 2012 -2013
· World's most admired Knowledge City