Lavinia BALAN obtained the PhD degree from the University Henry PoincarÃ© in Nancy, France, in 2005. Her PhD was devoted to the elaboration of an original material for the anode of Li-ion batteries. After a post doctorate in Orleans and then in Mulhouse, she joined the Department of Photochemistry of Mulhouse in 2006 as a CNRS Senior Researcher. She opened a new field of research in this laboratory, viz. the photo-assisted synthesis of metal nanoparticles and metal-polymer nanocomposite. Since December 2009, L. Balan joined the Institute of Materials Science of Mulhouse (IS2M)-CNRS. She has published more than 100 scientific publications, 4 book chapters and 5 patents. Dr. L. Balan has been serving as an editorial board member for many scientific journals.
L. Balan research are concerned with photochemical synthesis of metal/polymer nanocomposites and photo-design of metal nanoparticles and nanocrystals (quantum dots) suited for advanced applications in the fields of optic, photonics, plasmonics, imaging or biology.
- Different classes of Biopolymers
- Synthesis and Characterization of Biopolymers
- Frequently studied Biopolymers in Polyactic Acid, Poly (e-Caprolactone), Gelatin, Starch, Cellulose, Collagen
- Applications of Biopolymers in Packaging, Biomedical, Nanomaterial, Water purification
- Natural Polymer-Advanced Polymers & its phenomenon
- Recent Advances in Polymer Nanotechnology, Polymer Rheology and Polymer Morphology
- Polymer Chemistry
- Biopolymers as Materials
- Recycling Processing in Plastic Engineering and Waste Management
- Environmental Issues of Recycling and Sustainability Models
- Biodegradable Polymers & Biocomposite Materials
- Future and Scope for Biopolymers and Bioplastics