A dietary supplements proposed to give supplements that may somehow or another not be consumed in adequate amounts. These supplements include ingredients like vitamins, fiber, fatty acids, minerals, amino acids and others. Dietary supplements marketed in various forms such as tablets, capsules, powders, liquids and some other forms. Scientific evidences prove that some of the dietary supplements can play major role in managing good health condition. Calcium and vitamin D are the important dietary supplements which help in keeping bones strong and healthy condition of the same.
- Track 1-1: Vitamins
- Track 1-2: Minerals
- Track 1-3: Herbals
- Track 1-4: Fiber
- Track 1-5: Fatty acids
- Track 1-6: Amino acids
- Track 1-7: Herbal supplements
- Track 1-8: Phytonutrients
- Track 1-9: Synthetic supplements
- Track 1-10: Semisynthetic supplements
Functional foods are the foods that have extra positive effect on the individual compare to the basic nutrition. The importance of functional foods is which help in reduce the risk of disease and promote optimal health condition. A good example for functional food is oatmeal which contains soluble fiber in it and that can help lower cholesterol level. Some foods are modified in order to get extra health benefits. For example, orange juice is fortified with calcium to support bone health.
- Track 2-1: Plant source
- Track 2-2: Animal source
- Track 2-3: Health benefits
- Track 2-4: Safety issues
- Track 2-5: Regulations
Medical foods are processed nutritional products, they are specially formulated, defined and regulated under the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Medical foods are not regular foods. These foods are designed for children and adults and available in different forms. These foods are used in chronic conditions like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and others. These foods must be comprised of components designated as generally regarded as safe.
- Track 3-1: Physiological effects
- Track 3-2: Clinical nutrition
- Track 3-3: Regulations Issues and Side effects
- Track 3-4: Regulations Issues and Side effects
The heart is an organ, working eagerly to support our cells. Throughout our lives, our hearts are susceptible to various dangers, including coronary heart diseases, high blood pressure and arterial disease. Poor diet, insufficient exercise and smoking are the major influencing factors for the cardiovascular diseases. To keep the heart in healthy condition functional food and beverages, vitamins, dietary supplements should be a part of an individual’s lifestyle.
- Track 4-1: Cardiovascular diseases
- Track 4-2: Protective effect of diet
- Track 4-3: Bioactive dietary compounds
- Track 4-4: Soy proteins and Whole grains
- Track 4-5: Balanced diet
- Track 4-6: Novel dietary approaches
The body weight of an individual is determined by the difference between amount of energy that take in as food and amount of energy expend in the activities of the day. Overweight is caused because of the imbalance between energy intake and energy expenditure. Overweight is one of the reasons that lead to many dangerous diseases. Hence, weight loss or weight management is major process to control the body weight. Thermogenic ingredients acts important role in the weight management process, because these ingredients do not contain energy themselves, yet stimulate energy expenditure. Green tea catechins-caffeine mixture is one of the good example for the thermogeniuc ingredients.
- Track 5-1: Vegetarian diet
- Track 5-2: Fat burning supplements
- Track 5-3: Metabolic boosters
- Track 5-4: Thermogenic ingredients
- Track 5-5: Fat accumulation blockers
- Track 5-6: Vitamin supplements
- Track 5-7: Catechins and caffeine
The worldwide Nutraceuticals products and Natural Medicines market has demonstrated predictable growth during the previous couple of years. This growth is due to increasing consumer spending on nutraceuticals products and natural medicine worldwide. These days, consumers are more health conscious, more mindful, and better educated on nourishment supported products that come in various forms produced in different setups like Protein powders, Baby foods, High protein food supplements, Slimming diets, Instant protein soups, Protein base for cosmetic products, Poultry and animal nutrition products and Low calorie diet food nourishments.
- Track 6-1: Protein powders
- Track 6-2: Baby foods or Cereal mixes
- Track 6-3: Slimming diets
- Track 6-4: Low calorie diet foods
- Track 6-5: Liquid proteins
- Track 6-6: Instant protein soups
- Track 6-7: Vegetarian capsules
- Track 6-8: Herbal formulas
- Track 6-9: Mineral formulas
The acceptability of any food product is achieved by maintaining the quality and nutritional content throughout the process from the time of processing through distribution and storage to the final consumption of the product. To maintain the consumer acceptance and to avoid from governmental action, nutraceutical products evaluated for shelf life and stability. The physiological benefits of the nutraceuticals achieved only if the product is consumed and the bioactive substance present in the required amount
- Track 7-1: Safety testing
- Track 7-2: Toxicity Screening
- Track 7-3: Food quality and safety
- Track 7-4: Rancidity
- Track 7-5: Active ingredients
- Track 7-6: Organoleptic properties
- Track 7-7: Effect of different factors
- Track 7-8: Chemical analysis
- Track 7-9: Formulations
Food laws in the every country are major basis of regulation of various kinds of food products such as healthy food, dietary supplement, nutracceuticals and functional food. A regulations or guidelines are designed by the regulatory agencies to regulate healthy food. The labeling of health related should be based on scientific evidence. There should be a harmonization of food regulations around the world. And customers are deeply concerned about how their health is managed and priced.
- Track 8-1: Food laws
- Track 8-2: Regulation of quality issues
- Track 8-3: Organic food regulations
- Track 8-4: Health claims
Nutraceuticals is a broad term that is used to define any product which is obtained from food sources with additional medical advantages compared to the basic nutritional level found in the food. The term "nutraceutical" joins two words – "Nutrient" and "pharmaceutical". They can be categorized based on their natural sources, pharmacological conditions, and chemical constitution of the products. Generally they are classified in the following classes: dietary supplements, functional foods, medicinal foods and pharmaceuticals. Over the years nutraceuticals have attracted because of their potential dietary, safety and therapeutic effects. Nutraceuticals might be utilized to enhance health condition, prevent from many diseases, delay the aging process, or maintain the integrity of the body. They are considered as healthy sources of food for prevention of dangerous diseases such as diabetes, renal and gastrointestinal diseases, and many other infections.
- Track 9-1: Anti obese agents
- Track 9-2: Antioxidants
- Track 9-3: Antibacterial property
- Track 9-4: Aids in digestion
- Track 9-5: Anti-inflammatory compound
- Track 9-6: Immune boosters
- Track 9-7: Skin health
- Track 9-8: Oral health
- Track 9-9: Sexual and Reproductive health
- Track 9-10: Menâ€™s and Womenâ€™s health
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disease, where the body is not able to use sugar because of total or relative absence of insulin, a hormone normally produced by the ß cell of the islets of Langerhans in pancreas. Soy and Omega-3 fatty acids can promote Insulin sensitivity and bring the blood glucose level to the normal range. Some nutraceuticals such as Cinnamon tea and green tea plays an important role in treating the diabetic patients. Cinnamon which contains polar compounds, known as polyphenols that can increase glucose metabolism, which helps to bring the blood sugar level to normal.
- Track 10-1: Omega-3 fatty acids
- Track 10-2: Glucose metabolism enhancers
- Track 10-3: Glucose tolerance
- Track 10-4: Balanced nutrition
- Track 10-5: Herbals
Nutraceuticals is a broad term that is used to define any product which is obtained from food sources with additional medical advantages compared to the basic nutritional level found in the food. The term "nutraceutical" joins two words – "Nutrient" and "pharmaceutical". They can be categorized based on their natural sources, pharmacological conditions, and chemical constitution of the products. Generally they are classified in the following classes: dietary supplements, functional foods, medicinal foods and pharmaceuticals.
Over the years nutraceuticals have attracted because of their potential dietary, safety and therapeutic effects. Nutraceuticals might be utilized to enhance health condition, prevent from many diseases, delay the aging process, or maintain the integrity of the body. They are considered as healthy sources of food for prevention of dangerous diseases such as diabetes, renal and gastrointestinal diseases, and many other infections.
A variety of nutraceuticals have been appeared to force essential parts in immune status and susceptibility to certain disease states. They additionally show infections altering signs related to oxidative stress including sensitivity, Alzheimer's disease, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, eye conditions, Parkinson's diseases and obesity.
- Track 11-1: Anti obese agents
- Track 11-2: Antioxidants
- Track 11-3: Antibacterial property
- Track 11-4: Infant and childrenâ€™s health
- Track 11-5: Bone and joint health
- Track 11-6: Sexual and Reproductive health
Nutraceuticals are natural bioactive products with greater nutritional value and promising remedial properties in many diseases. Current cancer treatments, for example, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery, leads to undesired side effects. emerging investigations recommend that some plant-based agents may affect cell and molecular processes underlying tumor progression. Nowadays number of plants derived compounds are being used for preventing and treatment of cancer. Nutritional modulation is one of the techniques which show highly beneficial effects in the cancer patients. The food which contains relatively low amount of carbohydrates with moderate amount of high quality protein, fiber, fat is healthful for cancer patients. Also nutraceuticals plays key role in reducing toxicity, associated with chemotherapy and radiation therapy, and may lead to better life.
- Track 12-1: Phytochemicals
- Track 12-2: Chemopreventive reagents
- Track 12-3: Nutritional modulation
- Track 12-4: Toxicity reducing agents
- Track 12-5: Molecular targets of nutraceuticals
Prebiotics are natural, non-digestible food components that helps in promoting the growth of useful microorganisms in the gut. They are good bacteria promoters. Prebiotics may enhance gastrointestinal health and also improve calcium promotion. Probiotics include fructooligosaccharides, such as inulin and galactooligosaccharides.
Probiotics are the helpful microorganisms present in the gut. These active microorganisms help in change or repopulate the intestinal microorganisms to balance the gut flora. These probiotics may boost the immunity system and overall health especially gastrointestinal health. Some strains of these microorganisms may help prevent specific allergy symptoms, reduce symptoms of lactose intolerance. Fermented dairy products such as yogurt, cheeses are the rich source of these microorganisms. Some nondairy products also contain beneficial live cultures.
- Track 13-1: Bifidobacteria and Lactic acid bacteria
- Track 13-2: Gut microbiome
- Track 13-3: Prebiotic activity score
- Track 13-4: Probiotics in gastrointestinal health
- Track 13-5: Oligofructose-Enriched insulin
- Track 13-6: Proteobiotics
- Track 13-7: Probiotics in pediatrics
Nutritional disorders are the nutrient related diseases, which causes illness in the humans. This may include chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, cancer and diabetes mellitus, and deficiency or excess in the diet, obesity and eating disorders. The human body requires different types of vitamins and minerals that are very necessary for preventing the diseases. These micronutrients are not produced naturally in the body, so these micronutrients should be supplied through diet.
- Track 14-1: Obesity
- Track 14-2: Vitamin and mineral deficiency diseases
- Track 14-3: Anemia
- Track 14-4: Malnutrition disorders
- Track 14-5: Lifestyle related disorders
- Track 14-6: Dietary approaches
Consumption of balanced food and drink is important to everyone. It will mainly affect the performance of those who actively participating in sports on daily basis. For example, athletes need more calories compare to the normal person. Protein, fats and carbohydrates are the major constituents which provide body with fuel to maintain energy. Carbohydrates are the primary fuel utilized by the working muscles, sufficient amount of intake is necessary for preventing muscle fatigue. Fats provide fatty acids that can be utilized as source of energy. Protein can be used as a source of energy and is critical for building new muscle tissue.
- Track 15-1: Performance enhancing supplements
- Track 15-2: Energy supplements
- Track 15-3: Recovery supplements
- Track 15-4: High protein diet
- Track 15-5: Multivitamin supplements
- Track 15-6: Bodybuilding supplements
- Track 15-7: Sports drink
- Track 15-8: Risks and side effects
In present, people’s lifestyle has changed while people are deeply concerned regarding their health. Many people are interested in everything that can improve their health condition. Hence the nutraceuticals products have a high demand in the recent market, so the research is increasing in the field of nutraceuticals day by day. Nowadays, nutraceuticals have gotten high interests because of their potential nutritional and safety profile, other than therapeutic ability. Pharmaceutical and nutritional organizations know about the changing patterns which are because of the benefits of these compounds. The mechanisms of nutraceuticals are not completely clear. However, they may be involved a wide variety of biological processes, including initiation of signal transduction pathways, gene expression, cell proliferation, Differentiation and preservation of mitochondrial integrity.
- Track 16-1: Modern Biotechnology
- Track 16-2: Nanotechnology in nutraceuticals
- Track 16-3: Nutricosmetics
- Track 16-4: Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics
- Track 16-5: Safety and Efficacy nutraceuticals
Milk is considered as complete food for humans because it contains most of the essential nutrients, also milk is good source of bio peptides and other bioactive compounds which is necessary for body maintenance and fight against dangerous diseases. Minerals present in the milk are good for bone health; conjugated linoleic acid is a good fat for human health. Besides, several other components the prebiotics, probiotics, bioactive compounds along with milk protein casein, carbohydrate etc. may serve as live saving drugs in emergency cases of the human body.
- Track 17-1: Bioactive compounds of milk
- Track 17-2: Nutritive value
- Track 17-3: Dairy products as probiotics, prebiotics and symbiotic
- Track 17-4: Lactose for baby food
- Track 17-5: Milk calcium
- Track 17-6: High content Milk Protein
- Track 17-7: Dairy nutritional and nutraceuticals ingredients market
Most of the marketed nutraceuticals are of terrestrial origin. However, nutraceuticals derived from the marine sources getting higher attention worldwide. Marine environment represents greater biological diversity compared to that of terrestrial environment. This has resulted in marine nutraceuticals with unique features. Omega-3-fatty acids from the fish skin, functional pigments such as carotenoids, functional polysaccharides are few popular marine nutraceuticals which have gained popularity because of the promising functionality.
- Track 18-1: Marine sources of nutraceuticals
- Track 18-2: Marine derived bioactive compounds
- Track 18-3: Marine Biopolymers
- Track 18-4: Marine Microorganisms
- Track 18-5: Chitosan-Based Biomaterials
- Track 18-6: Chitosan-Based Biomaterials
The type of pets owned around the world varies. Out of these, dogs and cats are accounted to be most adopted pets globally. Pet foods are rapidly increasing due to their demand coming from the veterinary use as dietary supplements and for their therapeutic use. The therapeutic applications include pain relief, weight management, digestive health, food allergies and others. Based on the Ingredient type, the pet nutraceutical market is segmented as Omega 3 fatty acids, Probiotics, Proteins and Peptides, Plant based enzymes, Antioxidants among others. The demand is driven largely by age related diseases in pets like joints deterioration and cognitive dysfunction.
- Track 19-1: Mannan oligosaccharide (MOS)
- Track 19-2: Therapeutic diets
- Track 19-3: Antioxidants
- Track 19-4: Safe and quality
- Track 19-5: Side effects