A poster is a method of presenting your research to an audience in a visual format. Meetings International offers the unique opportunity to showcase your research in the poster format.
Poster presentation Benefits:
- Unique opportunity to combine visual and oral explanations of your projects in the form of poster presentation
- Best poster Award: 3 best posters will be awarded at the closing ceremony of the conference
- The entire accepted poster abstract will be published in reputed and supporting international journals with unique DOI given by CROSSREF
- Best posters will be given an opportunity to publish the full work at discounted processing charges in the supporting international journals
The selection of the winner will be based on:
- Posters will be evaluated based on the following three parameters; those are Presentation Style (5), Research Quality (5) and Layout/Design (5).
- Presentation clarity of poster and oral explanation.
- Poster Judges overall responses to the questions and the completeness of work
- The size of the poster should be: 40" x 59" or 1X1.5 Sq.Mts.
- Space your information proportionally: divide your poster either horizontally or vertically into three or four sections, and place your materials within those spaces.
- Use large text (your text should be at least 18-24 pt; headings 30-60 pt; title >72pt.
- Choose colours carefully and pay attention to contrast.
- Cropping, Margins and Spacing: All edges and margins should be straight and even. Don't overcrowd space and be attentive to balance from top to bottom and from the side margins. Organize your elements into columns.
- White space: (the area not covered with text or graphics): Not too much (or the viewer's eye will wander). Not too little (or you'll confuse and overwhelm your viewer)
- Posters should have the following information.
- Title (with authors and affiliations)
- Introduction / Objectives / Aims
- Contact information
- Posters should stimulate discussion, do not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics, and make sure every item in your poster is necessary.
- Good quality of the ink is to be used to print the poster.
- No computers or extra aids may be used during a poster presentation.
- Poster should be placed at the allotted places 2 hours prior to the poster session and can be removed at the end of the day.
- Keep your poster presentation to ~15 minutes per visitor/judge (10 min discussion & 5 min query session).
- Each poster can be presented by maximum 2 presenters during the poster evaluation.
- Try not to stand directly in front of your poster, allow other scientists to view the entire poster. Stand to the side.
- Carry your poster to the meeting, using tubular packaging or a portfolio case. Do not mail your poster to the conference headquarters or to the meeting site.
Online Abstract Submission for Poster Competition