Stockholm University, Sweden
Langel is a Professor at the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University, and at the Institute of Technology, Tartu University. He is graduated from Tartu University, Tartu, Estonia, as bioorganic chemist in 1974; he has received his PhD degree twice: in 1980 from Tartu University, Tartu, Estonia (bioorganic chemistry), and in 1993 from Tartu University/Stockholm University (biochemistry/neurochemistry). He is a Honorary Professor at Ljubljana University, Slovenia. He was elected a member of Academia Europaea and foreign member of the Estonian Academy of Sciences.
Cell-penetrating peptides, Cellular delivery of peptides,possibility to deliver drugs across blood brain barrier, short oligonucleotides such as siRNA, peptide nucleic acid oligomers, proteins and even plasmids for transfection has been achieved.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences: Academic and Industry Overview
- Pharmacognosy & phytochemistry
- Pharmacogenetics/ Pharmacogenomics
- Drug Discovery, Design & Development: Challenges and Approaches
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing & Pharmacoeconomics
- Biochemistry & Biopharmaceutics
- Green Chemistry in Pharma Industry
- Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry
- Nanomedicine and Nanotechnology