Pt. J.N.M. Medical College, India
Co-relation of lipid profile with proteinuria in sickle cell nephropathy patients for local area of India
Punit Gupta is MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM (Nephrology) and PhD. He is the Honorary Nephrologists to the Governor of Chhattisgarh State since 2009. He is Chairman and Members of many important academic and management committees of various Government Medical Institutions in the country and the Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Health Sciences University, Raipur. He has guided over 100 Postgraduate & Technologist student for their thesis & Project in Nephrology & Research and also severed as an examiner for the university examinations. A man of researches and publication, he has presented more than 160 research papers and abstracts on kidney diseases in tribal populations at renowned national and international conferences. He has developed and economic, efficient and effective walkie talkie system for consultation and directions to the hospital staff and doctors. He has been awarded Dr. B. C. Roy National Award for his research to give aid or assistance to research project for the year 2016.
Materials & Methods: Total75 patients were admitted. All patients were subjected to routine blood investigations, blood glucose, urine analysis, routine biochemical investigations, sickling, lipid profile, ECG, Serum Protein, X Ray chest, USG(KUB), serum calcium, potassium, chloride, sodium,phosphorus,albumin,globulin, bilirubin triglyceride,HDL,LDL,VLDL,SGOT,SGPT, Hb Electrophoresis, Serum Thyroid levels.
• Mean age of the patients was 26.8 ± 11.6 years.
• Males were 29.41% & Females were 70.59%, Ratio being M: F:: 1:2.75.
• In patients of Sickle cell nephropathy, 41.4% patients had deranged lipid profile.
• In Sickle cell trait,27.2 % had deranged lipid profile.
• Among Sickle cell disease, all the patients had deranged lipid profile.
• Derangement in individual lipids are as follows:-
1) Hypercholesterolemia(≥ 200 mg/dl) - 7.31 %,
2) TG(≥160 mg/dl) - 7.31%,
3) LDL (Ëƒ130 mg/dl ) – 2.4%
4) HDL(≤40 mg/dl) - 58.5% .
• Proteinuria in patients of Sickle cell nephropathy:
<1 gm/d = 21.9% had deranged lipid profile.
>1 gm/d = 34.1 % patients had deranged lipid profile.
1) Lipid derangement is almost seen in all the patients of Sickle cell Nephropathy.
2) Hypercholesterolemia & Hypertriglyceridemia is common in males then in female.
3) Low levels of HDL was common in females as compare to male.
4) Deranged lipid profile was more common in proteinuria more than 1gm/dl