The city Las Vegas built itself as The Entertainment Capital of the World, it is a top three destination in the United States for business conventions and a global leader in the hospitality industry, having more AAA Five Diamond hotels than any other city in the world. Today, Las Vegas annually ranks as one of the world's most visited tourist destinations.
The city has a title “Sin City” made Las Vegas a popular setting for literature, films, television programs, and music videos. The city is home to an extensive Downtown Arts District, which hosts numerous galleries and events including the annual Las Vegas Film Festival. "First Friday" is a monthly celebration that includes arts and music in The Las Vegas Arts District. The festival extends into the Fremont East Entertainment District as well.
Transportation in Las Vegas:
- McCarran International Airport, the world's ninth busiest airport by traffic movements, is five miles from downtown Las Vegas
- North Las Vegas Airport, Henderson Executive Airport and Ivanpah Valley Airport a second, larger commercial airport is planned,
- Las Vegas Monorail is the primary rapid transit system in Las Vegas
- Xpress West project is a plan to construct a 185 mi (298 km) high-speed route from Las Vegas to Southern California.
- The Las Vegas Valley, being the one of the largest tourist destinations in the world, has a mass transportation system which favors the Las Vegas Strip.
- The RTC bus system provides service along the Strip as well as to Downtown and the surrounding areas of Las Vegas.
- Several resorts provide regular shuttle service along the Strip, free to all riders
Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South
7830 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89123, USA